Rooibos is the reason we started hand-blending our own TEAse. Derived from the native South African ‘rooibos’ plant, this red-hot blend is packed full of immune boosting antioxidants as well as abundant vitamins & minerals! Commonly referred to as ‘red’ tea due to its vibrant rust red colour, rooibos still contains many of the same health benefits as green & white teas whilst lacking caffeine & tannin. The ultimate health tonic.
The Good Stuff…
- Protection against cancer – The antioxidants in rooibos tea have been shown to increase the productivity of carcinogen-detoxifying enzymes, as well as protecting cell proteins, cell fats, and DNA.
- Improvement of immune system – Rooibos tea’s effective combination of antioxidants and important minerals gives your immune system a boost, which means that you’ll be able to fight off any illnesses in an efficient manner.
- Reduction of insomnia, tension, headaches and irritability – As a tea with no caffeine, rooibos drinkers have found that enjoying a cup before bed has helped to relax them and relieve any tension to allow for a great night of sleep. By helping to normalize tea drinkers’ sleep habits, rooibos often reduces headaches and irritability.
- Stronger bones and teeth – With high levels of antioxidants and minerals like manganese, fluoride and calcium, rooibos tea promotes good bone growth, and helps to keep teeth nice and strong.
- Relief from colic and stomach cramps – Rooibos tea is sometimes called “the mother’s miracle” because its antioxidants makes the tea an anti-spasmodic agent, which relieves stomach cramps and lessens colic in infants. Just mix this natural, decaffeinated beverage with milk and your baby will soon stop suffering from stomach pain and sleep easily.
Rooibos takes milk exceptionally well and is best sweetened naturally with a squeeze of honey. Also makes a thirst-quenching & invigorating ice tea!